Wednesday, April 7, 2010

That pesky wabbit ...

I hope you all had a lovely Easter.  Thanks to that pesky wabbit my 2 weeks of starving and losing 1.3 kg has all been a waste of time - after chomping through tonnes of chocolate over the weekend I've put it all back on again .... oh well, it was fun at the time (eating the chocolate ... NOT the dieting!!).  So here we go again, counting calories and eating salads ... ho hum.
I'm sure sitting on my backside stitching all day doesn't help either, but I'm happy with the progress I'm making on the wall hanging.
I appliqued a knot pattern on the top edge of the hanging, using a brown velour fabric and gold thread.  It shimmers depending on which way you hold it to the light.  I've just placed some of the finished elements onto the fabric to see how its coming together.
Then below is the start of the scroll design.  I've machined stitched the dyed scrim in place using the same gold thread, and now I'm in the process of filling it in with hand stitching - a long, slow process.
I needed a break yesterday after 5 hours of stitching, so walked around the garden and decided to go snap happy and take some pics of the flowers.  We've had a bit of rain recently during the night, and a few overcast days, and its done wonders for the garden.  The leaves on the rose trees are actually green and not a crisp brown where they've usually been fried by the sun.
So for all you folks in the northern hemisphere who are despondent after a long cold winter, here's some summer colour to cheer you up and remind you of what's around the corner for you.
 Whilst we prepare for our winter ahead.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Lovely to see the flowers though our weather is slowly improving and things are waking up.Thanks for your comments on my blog.To create the lettering patterns I used plain old "Paint"which is very basic but it allows me to know what I'm doing without being too whizzy.I just used the spray can and brushes to write then copied ,pasted and played with adding colour.Just random really.
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That brown knot pattern on top edge seems to have pulled it all together - I must admit I didn't see how you were going to reconcile the two sections. Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Ferinn says spring has sprung, the daffodils, primroses and blossom is in full bloom now. the sun is shining and i have washing out on the line! and to top it all i have a bouquet of flowers sent by my husband!! the world is looking good.

    ReplyDelete