Monday, August 24, 2015

ATASDA Challenge

We have two big craft shows in Perth each year, one in May and the other in August, and they are both highlights of my year.  I love them.  I love going there and bumping into people I know, I love the inspiration of all the amazing creations I see there, and most of all I love buying lots of goodies to add to my stash of things that I'll probably never use.
Last week was the WA Craft and Quilt Fair at Claremont Showgrounds.
This year I had the added bonus of manning our ATASDA stand for half a day, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.  
We had lots of wonderful comments on our work and quite a few names added to the list of new members interested in joining us.  We look forward to meeting all you new ladies at our next meeting.
Our groups theme this year was a Green/Teal triangle. We were all given a mystery pack last December, containing various materials in the colour theme and off we went to design and create our own triangle.
Here they are all displayed together - I love how everyone has a different approach, and each and every one of them was fabulous in its own right.  
Then there was the Challenge this year - based on "Exotica".  Another example of wonderful work from our members.
Thank you to the kind generosity of The Thread Studio and Halcyon Steppe for donating the prizes once again.  The winner of the The Thread Studio challenge was Trudy Boyce; and winner of the Halcyon Excellence Award went to Raye Farcic - well done ladies. 
Here's looking forward to next years challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment