Monday, October 26, 2009

Subiaco Craft Fair

Sunday was a glorious spring day ... temperature up to 32C and everyone out and about enjoying the weather. We (me, mum and daughter) spent the day at the Subiaco Craft Fair at the UWA, Crawley. From what I can gather, it was the first time they'd had the fair at the Uni, and it was a great venue with loads of big tree's for shade and great areas for sitting and eating. Hope they have it again next year. A special thank you to the lovely lady at Timeless Jewellery for spending so much time and effort in helping us find a suitable necklace for mum's birthday. Despite all the efforts by mum to try and convince me she really didn't want it, I know she's chuffed to bits. Just got to convince hubby that I'll feel the same way if he buys me the funky green & blue necklace and earrings for Christmas - 2nd from the right.

The fair was all about good quality crafts and people's amazing inspiration and creativity.

Got a few nice bits for Christmas presents too, so that's taken a bit of pressure off.


On the way back to the carpark we had a walk along the river at Matilda Bay, with a view of Perth in the background, what you don't see in the photo are all the people enjoying family gatherings, picnics and barbecues. It was lovely to see everyone having a good time, and me ... well, I had a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. Papermaking is a bit messy but fun. Yes you can stitch into it. This module involves bookmaking and the assessment piece is an embroidered panel that incorporates the handmade paper and drawn thread work.

    ReplyDelete