Sunday, July 1, 2012

I passed !!

I know I've been a bit quiet lately - not a lots been happening on the crafty side of life, but life's been anything but dull.  I celebrated a milestone birthday and was spoilt, which is always lovely, and was given a holiday to Singapore as a gift.  So all this excitement and travel has kept me away from creativity.  Another reason I've been quite is because I was waiting until I found out ....... that I passed my City and Guilds, Embroidery Level 3 ... Yayyyy!!!!!!  Just waiting for the certificate now, but what a huge relief.  I finished it all in April, and thought that I'd like a break from it for a while, but to be honest, I've really missed the structure of it, and the need to push myself to keep learning and researching, and this week I finally got my mojo back and feel creative again.  So I've started a lap quilt.
I absolutely adore quilts, but its not one of my finest talents - my brain just can't work around the mathematical side of it all.  I'm alright if I'm following a pattern, but this time I bought a jelly roll and decided to "wing" it and create something of my own.  In time this might turn out to be a mistake - but we'll see what its like when its finished.
All was going well, until ......  oops!
Must've been tired when I pinned and stitched that block together ... but never mind, soon fixed. 
It's still a work in progress, so stay tuned for the finished result.  As always I have my wee girl Bonnie by my side, who always likes to help, especially by sitting on the blocks when they're spread on the floor.  But she's feeling the cold weather a bit lately and decided it was more fun to curl up in mummy's dressing gown and sleep all day.  It's a dogs life!!
On a completely different note, I wanted to share this with you - I was watching re-runs of Heartbeat the other night and noticed a blooper on the credits.  Can you spot it?
And before I go, many thanks to Sharon for awarding me another Leibster award, its always very gratifying to know people appreciate my blog and enjoy reading it.  And thank you to Virginia for your kind comments about finishing my course - unfortunately you have a "no rely" and I can't reply directly to you.

12 comments:

  1. Such fantastic news that you have passed, no wonder it feels weird after all this time of studying not having any structure. I love the fabrics for the quilt and your design looks great. I can't wait to see it finished! xx PS Spotted the blooper, 'Sohpie'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing and passing your C&G level 3 - great achievement!
    Your quilt is looking good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda - not a patch on yours though (pardon the pun!). Still busy working away on it, hope to get it finished next week.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on passing! The quilt is looking lovely, I'm sure Bonnie is watching with keen interest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda - its been a huge relief to know I passed - its hard not to be riddled with insecurities when you do distance learning. I actually miss it already, but its "onwards and upwards" now!!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations and well done! Pleased you have your mojo back

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I think I was totally depleted by the end of the course, but already I'm starting to buzz with ideas. Trying to finish some long forgotten UFO's at the moment - just to get me into the swing of it again.

      Delete
  5. Hi Julie,
    Thank you for finding my blog and introducing me to your lovely blog. I shall look forward to following you too.
    Congratulations on passing your Embroidery exam.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Sarah - always nice to meet new blog friends and share our likes with others.

      Delete
  6. Hey, nice to meet you. Well done getting through the C&G. I've not done one but I know it's a huge undertaking so congratulations!
    I like the look of the quilt - I do "weird" blocks and bloopers all the time - usually stitching things the wrong way round!
    All the best Clare

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clare - there's just something about the mathematical aspect of quilting that really frustrates me - I think its because I've spent most of my life with the free flowing movement and mind set of embroidery and quilting is completely opposite. I just hope it turns out well enough to give as a gift - we shall see!!

      Delete
  7. Hearty congratulations on your C&G achievement well done.
    I know exactly what you mean about that mix of achievement and sense of emptiness when you finish a course, happens to me every time, that's what makes me a coursaholic!!!

    Thanks for dropping in on my blog, glad you liked the hat :-)

    ReplyDelete