Monday, December 12, 2011

There's a moose in my hoose ...

Yep, Morris the Moose and his friends have come out of the closet to share the festive time with us.
I've just spent the past three days putting up Christmas decorations, and for some reason I've gone a bit silly this year .... suddenly the Christmas spirit and excitement is back - something I've not felt for quite a few years. 
I've covered almost every conceivable surface with something sparkly and gone a bit gay with the lights - I've even had to resort to the battery operated ones because I've run out of plug sockets!
And then something strange happened today .... we had a storm - thunder, lightning, rain galore and dark skies.  It really did feel like a wintery Christmas ... and made me all warm and fuzzy inside (and that was without a glass of wine).  So now the trees up, the cards are posted, the gifts are wrapped, and the goodies are in the cupboard. I might just be able to put my feet up a bit before I have to think about shoving my arm up a turkeys bum.

1 comment:

  1. John just said, 'at least you don't have to stick your hand up a kangaroos bum!'. :-0

    Everything looks lovely and festive. Everyone seems to have chosen this weekend to decorate, including us. Good feeling when it's done,

    Merry Christmas to you and yours down there!!

    ReplyDelete