Sunday, September 5, 2010

Hot Rods

Last Sunday's outing was to a Hot Rod exhibition at the Burswood Dome.  Cars aren't normally my idea of an exciting day out, but as hubby supports my interests, its only fair I support his, so off we went - me armed with camera as usual.
There were some amazing vehicles there, and I have to confess to a love of the old gangster style cars.
The engines and wheels bored me, but the paint work was really exciting.
Lots of flame designs - to be expected.
and the colours and styles were wonderful.
Lots of design ideas to take away with me.
You have to commend the men (and women) who restore these vehicles, so much love and effort, and not to mention money, has gone into them, they are a labour of love - and after all, everyone needs a hobby.
Some of the paintwork designs blew your mind -
others were a little nauseating.
There were even familiar faces there .... albeit cardboard ones! ...
as well as some humour (you need to read the info board on this photo)
and by the end of the day hubby had found something he wanted to take home with him!

3 comments:

  1. THE LAST PHOTO WITH YOUR HUBBY... IS THE BEST ONE!LOL
    HE SEEMS VERY CONTENT TOO!

    DEBBIE MOSS

    ReplyDelete
  2. ME AGAIN! SORRY!!
    YOUR CRAFT ROOM ON YOUR POST BELOW, LEFT ME MESMERIZED..
    YOU ARE SO LUCKY TO HAVE SUCH A LOVELY ROOM TO WORK/CRAFT FROM!

    DEBBIE MOSS

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mean you don't look like that??!

    Thank you for your nice comments on my blog. I wish I knew where you were last year when we were in Margaret River! Really struggled for stitchy places.

    ReplyDelete