Thursday, May 5, 2011

Creativity has vanished

Such a lot has been happening lately, but not creatively.  I can't seem to get my mojo back to do my experimental pieces, its something that needs time to play and think about, but I seem to have something to do every day lately and only a few hours to fit in my C&G work, and I can't seem to relax and get any ideas.
Last week we welcomed our 5th grandchild, a little boy.  So beautiful.  The creation of life never ceases to amaze me.

Easter Friday we celebrated hubby's milestone birthday (we won't mention which milestone!!!) with a family party.  For someone who always declares he hates being fussed over, he lapped it all up and thoroughly enjoyed himself.  He said it was the best birthday he'd ever had, despite the decade it represents.
Then of course, there's been the Royal Wedding.  What a wonderful occassion and didn't Kate look beautiful and her sister Pippa quite stunning in that simple white dress.  The whole affair gave me goosebumps.  For a day it makes us forget all the woes of the world and rejoice in our heritage.  Like everything, it will always have its critics, but for us, we enjoyed every minute of it, and hope William and Kate have a long and happy life together.
We decided to have an English tea party whilst watching the celebrations, with crustless sandwiches, scones and jam, strawberries and champagne, and tea in china cups ... pretending to be posh.
Cucumber sandwich, anyone!?
A few days later was my own birthday celebrations, not quite a milestone, but the family put a lovely lunch on for me and everyone spoilt me rotten, as they always do.  So now its time to come back down to earth and get on with some serious stitching work.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Julie on a gorgeous bundle of joy. I'm glad you've taken the time to do all the celebrations the last while has blessed you with. C&G will still be there, and you'll appreciate it the more for the time away from it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be careful with that MakinMojo Julie!! I lost mine and when I found it again someone had decided to shorten the days! Can't win.

    Congrats all round to you over there and tweak those little toes for me. Cute.

    ReplyDelete