Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Play Days

In the past few days I decided to have a bit of play time with my embellisher.  I used a square embroidery frame to do some weaving with a ball of multicoloured wool I found in my cupboard.
Then I hammered it with the embellisher.  It blended together well - blurring the back, but not the front, and left me with a really strong fabric.  It needs something else though ... I think I might have a go at machine stitching over it.
Then I haven't got a clue what I'm going to do with it, but its getting me into the mood for experimental ideas.  In the meantime I've been sitting back tonight watching Sam Attwater in Dancing on Ice - he moves so beautifully.  Not sure if my hot flush was due to menopause or Sam in those sleek trousers.

3 comments:

  1. I really like the way the colours have blended - I agree with you that a bit of freehand machine embroidery would give it an extra texture and focus. It's perhaps too good for a coaster or table mat but those were the only things that sprung to mind with a practical use, otherwise frame it and it's a lovely small piece of art! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enough of the hormone talk! This little square is full of such jewel-like colours. Maybe you need to use only one strong colour in stitch/beads/whatever. Please let us know what you do with it. Hoping you are well.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah this is lovely, can't wait to see how you embellish it! Is this part of your module 11 or did you just decide to have a play? I am so close to finishing module 2, I can't wait to get started on the next one (colour). I feel this one has taken me far too long. How long would you say each module has taken you approximately? I think for the next one I am going to set myself a deadline of about 10 weeks, so that I don't just drift along. That way I think I will be more focused to complete in good time. Do you set yourself deadlines? I just need more hours in the day!

    ReplyDelete