Saturday, March 6, 2010

More patchwork piecing ...

I've almost finished the samples for Module 9 ... only 2 to go.  The black/grey sample below is my second english paper piecing sample using two different shapes.  I found this really awkward, but liked the finished effect ... don't think I'll be making a bed size quilt in the near future.
Whereas, I really enjoyed the cathedral window sample.  I thought it would be difficult to do, but was quite simple and the overall effect is wonderful.  Got lots of ideas for this in the future (just need the time!)
Then, there was the variation on the cathedral windows.  This is Secret Garden, again a nice effect, this I  would like in a full size bed quilt.
So now I've just got to finish the crazy quilting and do another folded piece, then I can get into constructing my wall hanging.
I got my mod 8 results back from the tutor and was happy with the feedback, so now I can put the chocolate back in the fridge and relax a bit more ... today's a rest day, off to the "Crabfest" in town ... enjoy your weekend everyone.

2 comments:

  1. The Cathedral ones are lovely - I'm always drawn to curves and they'd make a fantastic bigger piece, so many possibilities! I'm sure we both need more hours in the day to try out our ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, have no patience for it but yours is lovely.
    Love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete